Saturday 10 November 2012

Dance Research

Grinding, also known as freak dancing or freaking or, in the Caribbean, whining,[1] is a type of close partner dance where two or more dancers rub or bump their bodies against each other, especially a male dancer rubbing his crotch against a female dancer's buttocks.. A more explicit form of the dance is known as daggering. Grinding gained its initial popularity in night clubs, and shown  mainly within HipHop and R&B style music genres.
Grinding is a sexually-charged high-contact social dance, often very street and unconventional.
Genres it is suited to include: Break-dancing, Street, R&B, Hip-Hop, Disco and House.
Popular between young African-American rap artists due to a lot of focus being put on the body part



From this research I am going to try and include this type of dancing in my video as it is the type that is suited to my genre of music and to my artist. I think this is part of the codes and conventions when creating an RnB style video. When creating story-boards and anamatics I will include the type of dance moves I hope my actors will be able to re-create when making my own music video. This will hopefully make the genre and video theme clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment