Wednesday 27 February 2013

CD Cover 5



This is a CD cover from a Pop artist, very modern artist from 2011 and had her it single in 2012 – call me maybe. This her CD cover. We can see how this can relate to Nicki Minaj as the colour is bright pink for the drop background so shows how Nicki Minaj mixes the codes and conventions of two different genres to create her own style.
From all the different CD covers I have looked at and researched, the image of the artist has been the most dominate part of the image and been made the main focus of the text which shows how this is a typical convention of a CD front cover and I will take note of this when creating my own.
However the clothing and style of the image differs greatly depending on the artist, for example Carly Rae Jepson on here looks very pretty and innocent, as she looks into the camera. Nicki Minaj image is more unique and powerful looking as she is a more dominate RnB character. She also dresses more unsual and revealing then Carly has on this image and as my song is from one of Nicki Minaj’s album I will relate it more to her type of style
The conventions of this CD include the image, the artists name and the title of the album which is ‘K I S S’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment